College America Can Help You.
College Graduates earn 68% more than high school graduates while experiencing lower unemployment. Yet in 2015, a year of public university cost nearly $20,000.
CollegeAmerica is a tax-advantaged way to save for higher education expenses, such as tuition, room and board, and required equipment, books and supplies.
Find out how much you will need to save to fund a future college expense with the American Funds College Savings Calculator!
Benefits of a CollegeAmerica 529 Plan
- You won't pay federal taxes or, in almost every case, state taxes on withdrawals if they're used for qualified expenses.
- You can open an account for anyone, and do so no matter how much you earn.
- You can use the assets to pay for qualified expenses at community colleges, undergraduate and graduate schools and trades schools around the country, or for technical and professional training.
- CollegeAmerica's expenses are among the lowest in the 529 plan industry according to a 2015 Morningstar study of 529 college savings plans.
- A CollegeAmerica account stays in your name and you control the timing and amount of withdrawals.
- Change the account beneficiary to another who is a member of the same family as often as you like - without worrying about income taxes or penalties.
What's Considered a Qualified Higher Education Expense?
Each student's situation is unique and may affect whether an expense is considered qualified. We can help you answer questions about 529 distributions and more.
May be Qualified; Conditions Apply
Ready to Start a 529 Account? Gives us a call at 763-682-4014 or send us a message!